Private Tour Service: Only For You
Sintra Unesco World Heritage
Pena National Palace
Mafra National Palace
Fisherman Village of Ericeira (Optional – 1h additional)
And Much More, with the assistance of our Private Guide
Only 30 min from Lisbon, this is the best tour to learn more about Sintra , as one of the most beautiful villages of Portugal, land of Kings and Queens, famous over the centuries of the Portuguese History. Named Unesco World Heritage in 1995, you will be presented to visit the beautiful landscape of Sintra, and also to visit Mafra, famous for it’s outstanding and unique Royal Palace.
You will have opportunity to visit the amazing Pena National Palace, former Royal Palace of the Portuguese Kings, considered in 2015 by EBD the Most Beautiful Castle in Europe, built on the ruins of an old 16th century monastery. A stop for Lunch will be done nearby the village (not included) or in Mafra (second stop).
Then, after the Pena National Palace, there will be a quick stop for lunch, followed by a guided visit to Mafra National Palace. Mafra National Palace is one of the biggest and impressive Palaces in the world, the biggest in Iberian Peninsula (Portugal and Spain), started building in 1717 by King John the fifth, is one of the major baroque architecture references in the world, with more than 1200 rooms and about 40.000 sqm! This vast complex is among the most sumptuous Baroque buildings in Portugal and one of the biggest buildings constructed in Europe in the 18th century, built with Brazilian Gold (As Brazil being an old colony from Portugal), 52.000 men were working daily to build this imponent palace. Also has a stunning library with more than 36.000 books, along with Rococo style. Unique in the world is also its pipe organs: more than 6 imponent organs still working after 300 years. The Palace records the oldest Carillon in Europe, and the biggest in the World, consists of 92 bells, weighing total 200 tons (440.000 Pounds!). It was conveniently located for hunting in the nearby forests and was usually a secondary residence for the royal family.
TO BOOK THIS TOUR, PLEASE CLICK “BOOK NOW” BUTTON
On this private tour, we will visit both Sintra and Mafra in one day. Although the itinerary can be adjusted during the day, this is the suggested itinerary:
* Importante Notice: the visit to Pena National Palace may take longer than usual, specially if starting the tour later. On this case, the visit might be a self-guided visit inside.
* Times on each stop may vary, depending on group pace and preferences, since all our tours are private.
* Admission fees and lunch/meals are not included.
* if you wish to visit inside several major attractions in Sintra, we recommend booking two days
Private Transportation with A/C Vehicle
English Speaking Private Guide
Toll fees, Fuel and Parking costs
Full Insurance mandatory by law
Admission Fees for Attractions
Meals / Personal Expenses
Base Price: 275EUR Per Person (Group/Family Discounts Available up to 30%)
1 guest: 550EUR*
2 guests: 275EUR Per Person
3 guests: 233EUR Per Person (15% DISCOUNT)
4 guests: 220EUR Per Person (20% DISCOUNT)
5 guests: 206EUR Per Person (25% DISCOUNT)
+5 guests: 192EUR Per Person (30% DISCOUNT)
* One guest pays equivalent of two guests traveling
* 2.9% booking fee applicable on all tours
All the tours you book with us, have a worry-free cancellation policy.
In case you need to cancel/postpone any tours, for any reason, you just need to let us know up to 20 days in advance.
We can either reschedule the tour for any other date (no extra fee), within 5 years’ time.
Guarantee: no amounts will be lost in case of cancellation/postpone, as long as rescheduled for another period.
You can see under this page the booking terms and conditions: https://portugal-magik.com/booking-terms/
Please check our FAQ, available here: https://lisbonprivatetours.com/faq/
Duration: Full-day (Aprox 7h)
(We accept less duration of the tours to fit your needs, adapting the itinerary accordingly – please let us know before/after booking)
Departure times: Daily at 8h30AM, unless specified
Flexible start and end time for cruise ship passengers and airport pick-ups.
Departure point:You can add pick-up location during booking process. Pick-up at your hotel in Lisbon / cruise ship terminal and also Lisbon airport is available on request (35EUR).
Tour Language: This tour is available everyday in English. Other languages only per request (French,Spanish and Portuguese)
* This is a private tour and prepared for Full-Day (around 7h), although, if you have shorter time, we can fit it to your needs
* Most of our tours are done using minivans for your comfort (more leg room). For larger groups we have available larger buses/motor coaches. Vehicle type, size, brand or color can never be guaranteed on our regular tours.
* Price for one of two adults is the same.
* Pick-up and drop-off in Lisbon (Hotel, Airport, Cruise Terminal) is complimentary / Pick-up and drop-off at other locations please inquire. When pick-up is not added, meeting point will be at Sintra Train Station
* We advise to book this tour at least 3 months in advance. For last minute bookings please call +351.30.880.4698
* Check in is recommended at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time
* Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice